Friday, February 4, 2011

The Wolverine Way

For some odd reason, wolverines have been getting my attention of late, with a recent lecture by a USFS biologist regarding research in the Cascades and then this book, which I stumbled onto in the local library. I have to admit, I'm baffled as to why this is the first book by Doug Chadwick I've read. It was not, however, the last. Let me sum up this work by saying it is an incredible read with information about what is clearly one of the most interesting animals on the planet and by quoting Mr Chadwick on his summary of this animal.....

"If wolverines have a strategy, it's this: Go hard, and high, and steep, and never back down, not even from the biggest grizzly, and least of all from a mountain. Climb everything: trees, cliffs, avalanche chutes, summits. Eat everybody: alive, dead, long-dead, moose, mouse, fox, frog, its still-warm heart or frozen bones."

Douglas Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers