Monday, January 19, 2009

Obamanomics begin tomorrow

Greetings My Fellow Americans. My Dubya countdown calendar has officially expired. Now we see what happens next. At this point I still have high hopes for an improvement in things in the country, in the world, in our lives. However, I will remain quietly skeptical for the time being, having been through six decades of politicians and have some reason to believe that all is not as it seems. Not that I don't have expectations, it's just that as The Who said, let's hope we don't get fooled again.


I'm unsure why today was the designated holiday and not tomorrow - it would be nice to be able to watch the whole pageant unfold, but unfortunately for most of us, we have to pretend to return to normalcy tomorrow in order to attempt to keep the three-wheeled economy limping down the road. I suppose I'll watch it on tv tomorrow night - even though it won't quite be the same as a rehashed event.


Regardless of how this plays out, I say good for us as a nation to have removed the current collection of fear-mongers and replaced them with someone who at least speaks in the positive - and in complete sentences. But I'll let the complaining about G-Dub end here - I'm tired of it. And besides, we may have misunderestimated him and actually find out he did some good things for us.


Happy New World!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers